This class is an alternative to traditional test-sheetbased aquatic programs. The JLT stresses fun and aquatic skill development based on personal-best achievement. Building on skills they already have, JLT's work to develop and improve swimming and other aquatic skills with emphasis on: Swimming skills, Lifesaving skills, Lifesaving knowledge, Leadership & teamwork. Candidates must be comfortable in deep water and able to pass a swim test which consists of a 25 metre front crawl swim and treading water for 1 minute.
To search for a course:
- Enter the course code from the activeOshawa Recreation Program Guide into the Course ID# field.
- Enter the title of the course into the Search field. Please note, returned results will include your searched word(s) from course titles and course descriptions.
Tips when searching for a course:
- Each filter option does not need to be entered to complete a search. Leaving all filter options unselected will display all available courses.
- Hold the "Ctrl" key and click to select multiple values or to remove a selection.
- Select the Reset button to clear all information entered in the filter options.
For more information on our recreation programs, or to view the latest activeOshawa Recreation Program Guide, visit activeOshawa registered programs.
Learn about COVID-19 health and safety information for recreation facilities.