Before you go, you should know:
- The City of Oshawa has transitioned from the Canadian Red Cross Swim Program to the Lifesaving Society Swim for Life Program. This change will take effect for the City’s summer program session. Learn more at Oshawa.ca/SwimLessons.
- Bring a bathing suit, towel and goggles if needed.
- Long hair should be tied back.
- Street shoes are not permitted on the pool deck. If you would like shoes, they must be indoor sandals or water shoes.
- Lockers are available for use; belongings cannot be left in the change cubicles.
- Pool admission policies are in effect during all leisure swims. Learn more at Oshawa.ca/Swim.
- Do not eat large meals before you come swimming. Try a light snack instead.
- Swimming lessons are designed to work on personal improvement and becoming water safe.
- Badges are not the only indicator of success, it takes time to learn to swim and achieve goals.
To search for a course:
- Enter the course code from the activeOshawa Recreation Program Guide into the Course ID# field.
- Enter the title of the course into the Search field. Returned results will include your searched word(s) from course titles and course descriptions.
Tips when searching for a course:
- Each filter option does not need to be entered to complete a search. Leaving all filter options unselected will display all available courses.
- Hold the "Ctrl" key and click to select multiple values or to remove a selection.
- Select the Reset button to clear all information entered in the filter options.
For more information on our recreation programs, or to view the latest activeOshawa Recreation Program Guide, visit activeOshawa registered programs.
Select the program or level you are interested in registering for from the below list to see additional details.