The City of Oshawa is dedicated to providing an accessible and inclusive environment for individuals of all abilities.
1:1/1:2 inclusion support can be requested for any program listed in the recreation program guide.
Requests are filled in order of request, based on the availability of appropriate inclusion staff, support is not guaranteed. Participants may provide their own support staff to assist if desired
How do I know if inclusion support is required?
Inclusion support may be beneficial if the participant:
- receives additional support at school
- receives support at home for basic care
- engages in behaviour that could affect the safety of themselves or others
- is associated with a support agency
Requesting Inclusion Support:
For skating, swimming and camps please register with the corresponding inclusion code.
For all other requests register for the program of choice and contact the Inclusion Coordinator at 905-436-3311 ext. 2620 or [email protected]
Participant information prior to start of programs:
To help ensure success participants will need to completed and return the following forms, which can be found at www.oshawa.ca/inclusionservices or by request at any recreation facility.
- Confidential Participant Information
- Consent to Care (if required)
- Outside Support Worker Release (if required)
- Medication Administration Request (if required)
- Consent for Assistance in Administering an Epi-Pen (if required)