Recreation Inclusion Support Program:
The City of Oshawa is dedicated to providing accessible and inclusive recreation opportunities for participants of all abilities. 1:1 or 1:2 inclusion support can be requested for any program listed in the activeOshawa Recreation Program Guide. Requests are fulfilled in order of request and based on the availability of appropriate inclusion staff. Support is not guaranteed. Participants may provide their own support staff if desired.
How do I know if inclusion support is required?
- Participant receives additional support at school.
- Participant receives support at home for basic care.
- Participant engages in behaviour that could impact the safety of themselves or others.
- Participant is associated with a support agency.
Participant information prior to start or programs:
To promote success, all participants who access inclusion services are required to complete and return a Participant Information Form, which can be found at Oshawa.ca/InclusionServices or by request from any recreation facility.
For more information about inclusion support, visit Oshawa.ca/InclusionServices.
To search for a course:
- Enter the course code from the activeOshawa Recreation Program Guide into the Course ID# field.
- Enter the title of the course into the Search field. Please note, returned results will include your searched word(s) from course titles and course descriptions.
Tips when searching for a course:
- Each filter option does not need to be entered to complete a search. Leaving all filter options unselected will display all available courses.
- Hold the "Ctrl" key and click to select multiple values or to remove a selection.
- Select the Reset button to clear all information entered in the filter options.
For more information on our recreation programs, or to view the latest activeOshawa Recreation Program Guide, visit activeOshawa registered programs.
Learn about COVID-19 health and safety information for recreation facilities.
Select the program you are interested in registering for from the below list to see additional details.